This article may contain some affiliate links and if you make a purchase after clicking on any of teh links, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
The innovative technology called Chromecast is a built-in function in specific tv and displays. What function does it perform?
Chromecast lets you stream your favorite movies, games, shows, sports, etc., directly from your phone, straight to the big screen.
Simply put, a Chromecast is a more convenient way of getting your shows, music, games, and anything you like to your tv. But does my TV have Chromecast?
How can I detect if my tv has Chromecast, and how do I make optimal use of it?
We will be discussing all these and more in this article!
Does My TV Have Chromecast? How To Find Out If My Tv Has Chromecast
Most TVs with an HDMI port can be used with Chromecast.
It does not matter how old your tv is; as long as there is an HDMI port, there is a huge likelihood that you will be able to stream whatever content you desire on it.
To locate the HDMI port, search behind your tv and scan through where you have the input connectors. If there is an HDMI port, it is likely to be in a narrow form labeled HDMI.
Have the Chromecast plugged into the HDMI port on your tv, and connect to a strong internet. Alternatively, you can use the Ethernet adaptor to connect to your router. And begin streaming away.
See Also: LG TV Chromecast Not Working
How To Enable The Google Chromecast On Your Tv
The first step to setting up the Google Chromecast built-in app is to detect if your TV has an inbuilt google Chromecast app and if it is enabled.
How do you go about this?
Just follow through with these steps:
- Press ‘Home’ on the tv remote
- Scroll to ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Get Started.’ For some TV brands, it might be a profile icon at the top or bottom corner of your screen.
- Next, you will be asked to find new devices and tap create another home.
- Wait a while for your Chromecast to show up. You know it has when you see a matching icon just like the one on the top and bottom corner of the tv.
- Shortly after, a code will appear on your tv – a matching code clicked Yes.
- Select where you want the Chromecast located in your home, have the room named, and connect to wifi.
The layout will vary depending on your tv type and menu options. However, for some, you are likely to see something simple like Select apps ✓ See all apps✓ Show system apps✓ Google Chromecast built-in ✓ Enable ✓.
You will be sure to see Chromecast updating on your tv when these processes are completed. Be patient, as it may take a while.
Once it is done updating, the tv will be restarted. As soon as it comes on again, reach for your phone and link it up to Chromecast again and follow the prompts.
By now, you will be able to see available streaming services and can begin streaming away.
Possible Reasons Why Chromecast Does Not Work On Your Tv
Chromecast will not work when you notice any of the below.
- The cast icon cannot be seen on your mobile phone
- The cast icon can be seen, and your tv model is available, but the cast seems not functioning
- The Android TV device is not specified as one with a Google Chromecast built-in device
- You get an error message anytime you try to connect. The connection fails to pull through even though the cast icon is available
How To Get Your Chromecast Working Again
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot for possible solutions
- Have your mobile device and TV connected to the same network.
For those with a dual-band router, the key is to have all your devices connected to the same frequency.
- Ascertain if your google Chromecast built-in app is enabled.
You can do this by going through your Tv menu options.
- Delete every available data on cast function apps, android system WebView and the Google Chromecast.
- Press the tv reset button
- Please switch off the mobile phone and put it back on after a few minutes.
- Update your tv to get its latest software.
- Have all the apps on the TV updated to the latest version?
- Make sure your tv’s time and date are correct.
- Stop the Google Chromecast built-in enabled app on the mobile device and restart it again.
- Your tv manual will direct you on how to go about this.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do All TVs Take Chromecast?
Not all TVs take Chromecast.
A Chromecast device functions with a TV that possesses HDCP. An acronym that stands for High Bandwidth Digital Content Protection.
An HDCP 1.3 or even higher, like HDCP 2.2, is essential to support content streaming.
The good thing is that most new television sets, and even those about five years old with HDMI ports, are likely to have at least one port compatible with HDCP 2.2.
Is It Possible To Use Chromecast If A Tv Does Not Have Wifi?
If your TV does not have WiFi, another alternative will be to use an Ethernet cable or power line. You must, however, ensure that the Ethernet cable is a long one.
Have the Chromecast connected directly to the Ethernet port of your router using an Ethernet adaptor for Chromecast, and you will be good to go.
Imagine the comfort and convenience you enjoy with this technology that offers you the opportunity of streaming anything that you fancy from your device.
Many people are yet to know about this interesting feature, and some are oblivious to how their TV supports it and are confused about how to optimize it fully.
This article highlights how you can decipher if your tv has Chromecast, how to get it all set up and how to make the best out of it.
Happy streaming! Enjoy your time at it.