This article may contain some affiliate links and if you make a purchase after clicking on any of teh links, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
The John Deere 1025r tractor is a three-wheeler and a source of relief for many small-scale farmers. Even with its size, it moves with a fast speed of about 3200 rpm, and you cannot decide to see these fantastic devices and let them slip by.
But even with its numerous benefits, the John Deere 1025r has a few downsides that you should know about.
In this article, we will discuss the different John Deere 1025r pros and cons to enable you decided whether it is worth buying or not.
John Deere 1025r Pros and Cons
Below are the various pros and cons of John Deere 1025r, starting with the PROS:
Pros of John Deere 1025r Tractors
There are many reasons why the john Deere 1025r tractor is the tractor for the job. Some of these reasons include:
1. Amazing Size
The 22.4 horsepower should not fool you that this series one tractor offers you; it is really in for business. In general, the john Deere 1025r series are relatively small but capable of handling a large area of land at a speedy time.
When researching egging the john Deere series of tractors, you would also realize how versatile these tractors are.
Not only can they be used as tractors on your farm, but you can make use of them as mowers; you can use them even for even the most stubborn soil in gardening and home maintenance. Making use of the box blade would keep your gravel smooth.
The series one john Deere tractors come at a very affordable price for the amount of work the tractor can handle. The cost of the 1025r series and the 1023E series are similar; also, with their features, but some additional premium features that the R series provides you with include;
- Ability to step through flat surfaces for easier mounting and dismounting.
- The presence of tilt steering provides you with a more natural driving position.
- In-built toolbox for convenience.
- The following mat design reduces the rate of vibration.
- A tough polycarbonate hood.
- Position control hitch.
- A 12-volt outlet.
Cons of John Deere 1025r Mowers
A general list of the problems you are most likely to encounter with your john Deere 1025r are all categorized into:
- Overheating problems
- Hydraulic issues
- Engine issues
- Brakes and steering issues
- Transmission problems
1. Hydraulic Issues
Most devices have a hydraulic system that drives fluid that helps run the tractor. Unfortunately, the hydraulic system of the john Deere tractor has not been the easiest to use. There are a lot of issues that most users complain about when it comes to hydraulic systems. Some of these issues include;
- Slow operation of the machine when water enters the hydraulic oils and tempers with density and pressure. Manufacturers say you can fix this by draining the hydraulic oil and replacing it with better oil
- Poor performance when you alter the hydraulic fluid. These tractors move on a hydraulic-based operation, so tempering with the pressure of the liquid affects it one way or the other. Say way as the first; it can be fixed by draining and replacing the fluid
2. Engine Issues
The Engine is the power source for the john Deere 1025r tractors, and the machine is as good as useless if the Engine is faulty. Some common problems you can encounter with your engines include;
- Hard to start the Engine. Sometimes, this results from a wrong gear shift position; you must place it either high or low and not neutral, or a wrong oil type will not start your Engine; ensure that the oil is fresh
- Ensure your tractor is kept at a stable temperature because high temperatures can overheat your Engine. Another reason why the Engine overheats is due to excessive debris in the radiator fins; regular cleaning is paramount.
3. Brakes And Steering Issues
Malfunctioning steering and wheels are awful, so it is advised that you check on your wheel and steering regularly before operations to prevent fatal accidents. Some common causes of faulty brakes and steering include;
- Bad air filters
- Excessive manhandling of the steering and brakes
- Improper tire size; ensure that you inflate the tire properly
4. Electrical Issues
Problems with the electrical components usually have a lot to do with the batteries. Either the battery is dead and faulty, or the storm’s terminals are corroded due to high terminal resistance.
For this reason, you need to check that the battery connection is proper, the terminals are not corrupted, the battery belts are tight, and replace every defective battery.
5. Transmission Problems
Transmission issues can be very severe, even to the point where it doesn’t move even when the Engine is in perfect condition. In this case, you can fix it instead of hiring a mechanic. Some reasons for the transmission problems include;
- When the transmission oil level is below minimum
- When the transmission oil is cold, for better operation, the oil needs to be a bit warm
- The position of the range. It should be in either high or low-range conditions and not neutral
See Also: Problems with John Deere 2025r Tractors
Frequently Asked Questions
Is The 1025r John Deere Series Worth the Money?
It might seem like a lot, but in the long run, you will realize that these tractors are worth every penny you spend on them. The only restrictions might be the bells and whistles it comes with, but if you don’t care about these whistles and bells, then you’re good to go.
What Is Kubota Equal to The John Deere?
An excellent match-up with the john Deere 1025r is the Kubota BX2680, with a similar price range and abilities. Each of these tractors is very good and comes with various potential arrangements.
What Is the Difference Between a John Deere 1025R And 1026R?
While the John Deere 1025r has a power take-off of about 17.2 HP, the 1026r has a PHO of about 18HP. So, with this, you should see that the Engine of the 1026r is slightly more robust than that of the 1025r.
Is John Deere Better Than Kubota?
From the reviews submitted and the tests also carried out, you would see that the john Deere is a lot better than almost every other tractor brand, with the Kubota brand included. So even if the john Deere cost more than the Kubota, it is worth every penny.