This article may contain some affiliate links and if you make a purchase after clicking on any of teh links, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Are you tired of using traditional toilet papers? Oh, you should be. No homeowner wants to run constant repairs in the house, hence the need for constant consideration.
If you have a septic tank, you should be concerned about the things that enter the drain, especially toilet paper. But what are the best toilet papers for your toilet?
Well, many homeowners and plumbers would advise you to settle for toilet papers that are septic safe.
If you are yet to make a choice, you should read on as we reveal the best toilet paper for septic tanks.
Best Toilet Papers For Septic Tank
If you have yet to figure out which toilet paper you can settle for, you must choose the best toilet paper for septic tanks.
1. Cottonelle ultra clean care soft toilet paper
- 24 FAMILY MEGA ROLLS: Cottonelle Ultra Clean Toilet Paper with Active CleaningRipples Texture, 24 Family Mega Rolls (4 packs of 6); 388 sheets per roll .
- TOILET PAPER WITH CLEANINGRIPPLES TEXTURE: Cottonelle Ultra Clean toilet tissue removes residue that can cause irritation, removes odor-causing bacteria, and is designed for sensitive skin.
- GENTLE SUSTAINABLE TOILET PAPER: Soft, premium 1-ply toilet paper is septic-safe and 3x stronger** to keep your hands protected and clean as you wipe.
- TOILET TISSUE FOR A HEALTHY CLEAN: Use Cottonelle toilet paper and Cottonelle flushable wet wipes together for a refreshing, shower fresh clean.
- FSC-CERTIFIED TOILET PAPER: Cottonelle is FSC certified ensuring we source from responsibility managed forests to prevent deforestation and only uses fibers that are 100% plant-based and free of harsh chemicals.
Do you want toilet paper that is biodegradable, sewer-safe, and septic-safe? You should proudly go for Cottonelle ultra clean care soft toilet paper. Cottonelle ultra clean care soft toilet paper is one-ply toilet paper known for its comfort during use.
The toilet paper is soft, yet its ability to absorb water is top-notch. So, it breaks up quickly and will not clog your septic tank. Cottonelle is known to come in single-ply, but it is strong and cleans effectively.
Each roll is made from plant-based fibers. Cottonelle is one of the best toilet papers for septic tanks.
Short product description
- Pack size: 24 rolls
- Sheets per roll: 388
- Ply: one-ply
- Environmentally sourced
- Toilet paper texture feels soft and durable
- The single-ply is gentle on a septic system
- Not thick as other brands
For the sake of your comfort and the safety of your septic tank, you can get cottonelle ultra clean care soft toilet paper and bid worries a bye.
2. Angel soft toilet paper
- Every roll of Angel Soft Toilet Paper delivers a heavenly combination of softness and strength you can count on every time.
- Each Mega Roll is equal to 4 Angel Soft Regular Rolls, so you can change the roll less often.
- Mega Rolls deliver the long-lasting rolls you need at a price you’ll love. How divine!
- Septic safe in well-maintained sewer and septic systems and made from sustainably sourced trees.
- Each pack contains 48 Mega Rolls with 320 2-ply sheets per roll.
Many households try to strike a balance between cost, and effectiveness with the right toilet paper. You’ll get a soft, effective, and affordable clean with Angel Soft Toilet Paper.
Each two-ply sheet includes its “Softshield” layers for a softer feel. Angel Soft achieves the ideal balance between softness and strength without breaking the bank. It feels thicker than some one-ply toilet paper, which gives it a softer and stronger feel.
Additionally, it is septic-safe when you maintain your septic system well. This package includes 36 mega rolls with 425 sheets per roll, four times larger than Angel Soft’s regular rolls.
Short product description
- Pack size: 36 rolls
- Sheet per roll: 425
- Ply: 2 ply
- Toilet paper dissolves quickly
- Texture feels soft
- Double ply for added thickness
- Mega rolls
- It might not be cost-effective
If you want to experience ease and comfort, you should not hesitate to get angel-soft toilet paper.
3. Scott rapidly dissolves toilet paper
- 48 regular rolls of Scott Rapid-Dissolving Toilet Paper, 231 sheets per roll—packaging may vary from images shown
- Septic-safe, 1-ply toilet paper that dissolves quickly to prevent clogs and breaks down 10x faster*
- Great for everyday household use and flushes with ease.
- 1-layer bath tissue that’s free of perfumes or scents, so no need to worry about allergies or irritation.
- Sustainable sources—Scott bathroom tissue is sustainably sourced from responsibly managed forests, features recyclable packaging and is a 100% biodegradable tissue.
You can avert making costly blockages with Scott’s rapidly dissolving toilet paper. It is what the name says it is. Like many other brands, this toilet paper is biodegradable and would easily break when they are flushed.
So, your septic tank is safe from blockage and spoilage of any sort.
Many users can attest that Scott’s rapid dissolving toilet paper dissolves four times faster than the average toilet paper brand. So, you can easily increase your comfort at home by replacing any traditional toilet paper with Scott’s rapidly dissolving toilet paper.
Short product description
- Sheet per roll: 231
- Pack size: 48 rolls
- Ply: one-ply
- Helps reduce clogs and blockage
- Ideal for buses, boats
- Some users may find it to be too thin
You can save yourself some stress by getting Scott rapid toilet paper.
4. Seventh-generation white toilet paper
- Seventh Generation 2-ply bathroom tissue designed for softness and strength
- Chlorine free made with 100% Recycled Paper*, no added dyes, inks, or fragrances
- Eco friendly toilet paper whitened without chlorine bleach
- Septic-safe and bath tissue compatible with low-flow toilets in RVs and campers
- Shipment includes two 24-roll packs of bath tissue for a total of 48 toilet paper rolls, 240 sheets per roll
In addition to being environmentally friendly, recycled toilet paper is also great for septic systems. It breaks down more easily to prevent septic problems.
Seventh Generation White Recycled Toilet Paper is produced with 100 percent recycled paper and encased in 100 percent recyclable packaging.
This pick is more environmentally friendly, with no added dyes, inks, fragrances, or chlorine bleach processing. Each two-ply sheet is soft and strong so that it can be easily cleaned.
One remarkable feature of choosing toilet paper is chlorine-free; this would aid in the anaerobic process in the septic tank.
- Pack size: 24 rolls
- Sheet per roll: 240
- Ply: 2-ply
- Made from recycled paper
- Chlorine-free toilet paper
- Made for low-flow toilet
- It breaks easily compared to other brands
You can get seventh-generation toilet paper and protect your septic tank from damage.
5. Quilted Northern Ultra plush toilet paper
- Designed with more fiber in every sheet to create our softest, most plush premium toilet paper ever for a more luxurious experience.
- Each Mega Roll has 284 3-ply sheets and is equal to 4 Quilted Northern Regular Rolls, so you can change the roll less often.
- 3X thicker and 3X more absorbent than the leading value brand toilet paper.
- Pamper yourself with 3 cushiony-soft layers in every roll of our premium toilet paper.
- Each pack contains 18 Mega Rolls and is equal to 72 Regular Rolls.
We couldn’t agree less that two-ply and single-ply toilet paper offers more comfort and unique qualities than many brands. However, have you ever thought of three-ply toilet paper? Is it even a good idea?
Quilted Northern Ultra plush toilet paper, although a three-ply toilet paper, offers unique features. The toilet paper is super soft and easily absorbs liquid. With quilted northern Ultra plush toilet paper, you do not even need a roll size as much as other brands.
The toilet paper is a lot larger compared to other standard toilet paper. The rolls feature 319 sheets each. And this beats that of many competitors. Quilted Northern toilet paper is relatively inexpensive compared to many brands.
Short product description
- Sheet roll: 319
- Three-ply toilet paper
- Does not shed
- Absorbs quickly
- Rolls are most times smaller than some competitors
If you cannot wait to plunge, consider settling for quilted northern toilet paper.
6. Charmin ultra soft cushiony touch toilet paper
- Pack contains 24 Mega Rolls (308 sheets per roll) of Charmin Ultra Soft toilet paper
- The softer way to get clean and use less vs. the leading bargain brand
- Our softest 2-ply toilet paper
- Clog-safe and septic-safe; Roto-Rooter approved
- Unique comfort cushion design you can see
Another toilet paper that you are sure would cover up for all the unintended damages any traditional toilet paper you’ve used has caused is Charmin ultra soft cushiony touch toilet paper.
Charmin ultra-soft toilet paper is biodegradable and septic safe. You would have to go through the stress of plunging your toilet constantly just to clear cloggings.
Among its advantages are the gigantic mega rolls that are five times larger than standard toilet paper rolls. There are 24 rolls in a pack, which equates to 123 standard-sized rolls.
Each roll has 338 sheets, so you get 8,000 sheets in a package. Because Charmin is more absorbent than much of the competition, it tends to last longer than a lot of the competition.
- Megan rolls 5x larger than many brands
- It is not entirely budget-friendly
Get Charmin ultra-soft cushiony toilet paper and experience a different feel using toilet paper.
What To Consider Before Picking a Toilet Paper For Septic Tank
There are a few factors that you cannot ignore when it is time to choose toilet paper for septic tanks.
The first thing you should always remember is to choose toilet paper that dissolves quickly. That is one huge and acceptable characteristic of toilet paper.
Provided the toilet paper breaks up easily, it would not cause any clogs in your septic tank. So, dissolvability is a key feature that you must pay attention to. Otherwise, the toilet is not septic-safe.
Biodegradable toilet paper and recycled toilet paper are the toilet paper that is most likely to offer you the dissolvability feature that your septic requires.
However, recycled toilet paper is the one with more proven results. This is because the toilet is made with recycled fibers that break up quickly compared to other toilet paper.
Though every toilet paper is biodegradable, not all toilet paper is 100% biodegradable. So you should be mindful of the toilet paper you use in your home.
Another quality you must pay attention to before picking the best toilet paper for septic tanks is the ability of the toilet paper to absorb water.
Ultra-plush toilet paper is the best choice when searching for toilet paper that absorbs easily. However, one thing with this is it looks more like a paper towel.
Ultra-thick toilet paper on the hand would clump up in the toilet when you flush it. And it would take time before the toilet begins to break down. In many cases, this results in clogging, which is unsafe for your septic tank. Always resort to using septic-safe toilet paper.
Although we advise you to use toilet paper that can easily absorb water, It is important you still use toilet paper that is strong enough to do its job without breaking until it is pushed down the drain.
Many people would prefer one-ply or two-ply toilet paper because they easily absorb water, yet they are thick enough to perform their task before it breaks into the septic tank.
Two-ply toilet paper is a go-to for many homeowners because it dissolves quickly and is comfortable.
It’s important to avoid highly chemically treated toilet papers because they disturb the delicate balance in the septic tank and affect waste breakdown. Septic tanks contain anaerobic bacteria that help break down waste.
Toilet paper is always bleached to get its white color; chlorine-free toilet paper is a better choice because too much bleach can affect decomposition.
Rolls of toilet paper are available in various sizes and with different labels, from regular to mega rolls. Toilet paper does not have standard sizing, so it’s important to consider other ways to determine the best size based on cost-effectiveness.
It is important to consider how many sheets per roll of toilet paper has before buying it.
These are a few things you must consider before you choose the best toilet paper for your septic tank.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the worst toilet paper for septic tanks?
The worst toilet paper for septic tanks is the one that breaks up slowly. If the toilet paper causes cloggings in the septic, it is certainly not an option. If the toilet paper is bleached, it will certainly affect the anaerobic process in the septic tank.
Must I use special toilet paper for my septic tank?
You do not have to use special toilet paper for your septic tank. However, septic-safe toilet paper can go a long way in prolonging the lifespan of your septic tank.
It could be overwhelming having to pick from a good number of toilet papers for your home. However, what you need is the best among other brands.
And in this guide, we explained the best toilet paper for septic tanks. So, if your septic tank has experienced some damage due to using the wrong toilet paper, you can correct it now.
Whatever you choose, ensure that you are comfortable using it.