Most users of John Deere products do not like having to look for service houses or mechanics after a few months or probably a year after purchasing their tractor. I sure wouldn’t want that myself, which is why it’s important to always try to find out everything about what we are buying.
That said, John Deere 3033r problems are no different from what is obtainable with the other brands of John Deere tractors. There are steering wheel problems, engine, and diesel starter problems, among others.
Now, let’s go through the common problems with John Deere 3033r and troubleshooting tips, shall we?
Common John Deere 3033r Problems
1. The motor does not revolve
This can happen due to the level of fuel used, or you used the wrong kind of fuel.
Below is what to do:
- The fuel pump drive is defective – Check and overhaul
- Incorrect fuel injection pump timing – Required to set up
2. The steering wheel turns too easy
Below are the things that can cause this problem and how to troubleshoot them:
- Low oil rating – More oil needed
- The steering cylinder has a problem – Fix it
- The steering pump has rubbed off – Fix a new pump
- The engine is not turning on
- Starter motor swerves engine too slowly – Inspect starter and change if necessary
- Jamming in the fuel line – Wash and tidy up the fuel line
- The filter component is dirty – Fix a new filter
- Old piston rings – Put some new piston rings
See Also: John Deere 2032r Problems
3. The steering wheel works tight
The steering wheel working tight on John Deere 3033r could be due to the following:
- Minimum oil rating – Pour totally
- Oil seeps out of the system – It is essential to eradicate the defect
- The steering pump is old – Inspect the steering pump
- Power steering inadequate – Change it
4. Diesel engine hard to start
- Constraint in air filter/cleaner or induction system
- The cold start system functions wrongly
- Piston rings are old or smashed
- Gasket Blow-By or Leakage
- Water is present in the fuel
- Crankcase oil is too thick
- Use oil of adequate thickness
5. Diesel hard starting
- Restricted fuel lines
- Air present in the fuel tank – Bleed fuel tank
- Choking in the exhaust pipe
- Slow starter speed
- Injection fuel is insufficient, or the spray is not of outstanding quality
- Blocked fuel filter – Clean or replace the fuel filter
- Inappropriate timing
6. The steering does not work
- The hydraulic system retains air – You must discharge air from the system
- Hydraulic oil low level in system – Fill the tank
- Steering hydraulic cylinder is broken – Inspect and repair
7. The engine doesn’t start
- Valve timing is inappropriate – You need to reset valve timing
- Wrong cylinder compression
- Worn cylinder bores – Requires overhaul
- Leakage between valves and seats – Remove the leak
8. Diesel engine knocking
- Oil of little quantity – Replenish the oil
- Coolant temperature decreased
9. Tractor front axle rattle
- Teeth of gears shattered – You have to install new gears
- Roller bearings are very old – Change the replacement
10. Diesel starting is very difficult
- The injection nozzle is jammed – You must inspect the nozzle
- The injection pump doesn’t function – It needs a high-pressure fuel pump change
11. Fixing differential is harmed
- Diaphragm spoiled or friction clutch discs. Needs some repair.
12. The motor will not turn on
- Probably dirt in the fuel system
- The injection pump failed adjustments
13. Engine overheating occurs
- Coolant degree reduced – Pour liquid into the radiator to the suggested level
- Radiator screen or fins jammed – Tidy up the radiator screen or fins
- Undue load – Decrease load or speed
- Relaxed or fan belt issue – Fix fan belt and change if needed
14. Crunch in the rear axle
- All sounds imply a shortcoming in the axle reducer
- Motor releasing excessive white smoke at idle
- When white smoke appears from the exhaust pipe, you must immediately replace piston rings
See Also: Common Cub Cadet LTX 1040 Problems
Frequently Asked Questions
How much horsepower does a John Deere 3033r have?
The John Deere 3033r has 31.8 horsepower.
How much does a John Deere 3033r weigh?
A John Deere 3033r weighs from 2900 to 3600.
How much does a John Deere 3033r lift?
A John Deere 3033r has a 2200lb lift capacity.
How much does a John Deere 3033r cost?
A John Deere 3033r costs around $25,000.
John Deere 3033r problems can be overwhelming, as with the issues of other John deere tractors, but the catch is that when you follow all these troubleshooting tips I have discussed above, you must follow all these troubleshooting tips.
Just follow those tips, and ensure you follow all maintenance routines.